We are offering 3 hard working people the opportunity for a 6 month intensive, full immersion, hands on experience learning all aspects of the farm operation.
- Greenhouse operations – from early spring/summer seed propagation to the season extension in the fall
- Soil building techniques/cover cropping/composting
- Field work – tractors/rototillers/raised bed preparations/transplanting/seeding/weed management
- CSA share organization from harvest thru delivery
- Customer relations at drop offs and farmer’s market
- Livestock care and management – raising pigs, and minding pastured poultry, laying hens, heritage turkeys
- Building projects – this year we hope to design and build a more efficient vegetable washing and packing area and shop/storage/freezer facility.
If you like meaningful challenging work and want to increase your knowledge about sustainable agriculture and running a CSA please contact us.
E-mail: farm at chickabiddyacres dot com